Long time no post!! Well, my exams end a week today and my prom is next thursday! So this week and next week i hope to get up a few prom posts! :) For now though, i thought i would share a really simple and easy nail tutorial! When i do this to my nails I get so many compliments and it really is so easy to do!
1. Firstly, cut, file and shape your nails to your desired length and shape. I have mine square but it's really up to you whether you want them to be square or round :)
2. The second (and possibly most important) thing to do is to use a base coat! This will help to keep your polish on your nails because what it does is to create sort of like a bumpy surface on your nails so that the polish has something to stick to.
3. Then you want to apply your main nail colour over all of your nails. I used a light pink but you can really use any colour just as long as the colour you use to create the spots is darker than it!
4. Next is the fun part! The spots! This bit is so simple-dip the brush into a nail polish, i used a bright pink, wipe off excess nail polish and litterally just dab the brush over your nail. Make sure the spots are all different shapes and size's.
5. After that it's time to draw little 'C' shapes around each spot. You can also draw some lines on any gaps. I used a nail pen but if you don't have a nail pen you could use a small makeup brush, a cocktail stick or tooth pick or anything with a point.
6. Finally the last thing to do is to apply a top coat! I used a sally hanson quick dry one :) Before applying your top coat make sure that your nails are nearly dry because if there wet you might smudge all the colours together!
And heres the end result!:
Hope you enjoyed! I also hope that it was easy to understand! It's difficult trying to explain something like this. Speak to you soon,